Version Date: May 25, 2018
WHAT INFORMATION OF YOURS WE COLLECT
We collect your personal information:
- When you register on our Website, log in in with social network credentials, participate in polls, contests, surveys or other features of our service, or respond to offers or advertisements, communicate with us, create a public profile or sign up to receive newsletters, including your name, address, email address and telephone number;
- When you transact business with us, including financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information);
- When you provide us information about your interests and activities, your gender, age, date of birth, username, hometown and other demographic or relevant information;
- When you use our Website, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type and the locations of the websites you viewed right before arriving at, while navigating and immediately after leaving the Website; and
- Through the use of “cookies”, tracking pixels, and similar technologies to understand how you navigate through the Website, to learn what content is popular, and to save your preferences. “Cookies” are small files that your Web browser places on your computer’s hard drive. We may use third-party vendors, including Google, who use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on your past activity on the Website, including Google Analytics for Display Advertising. The information collected may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
Company uses the personal information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Website:
- to deliver the products and services that you have requested, manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- to develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on the Website and other sites and otherwise customize your experience;
- to send you notifications regarding new services or information offered by the Website that we think you may find valuable. We may also send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the service. Generally, you may opt out of such emails at the time of registration or through your account settings, though we reserve the right to send you notices about your account, such as service announcements and administrative messages, even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications;
to help us better understand how the Website is being used, to measure consumer interest in our services, to identify patterns and trends in usage, and to better design the Website to improve users’ experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use.
WITH WHOM YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
Company will disclose personal information under the following circumstances:
- If you opt-in to receive Company marketing materials upon registration, Company may email you about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- We may share your personal information, which may include your name and contact information (including email address) with our third party processors that perform services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting the Website’s functionality and supporting contests, surveys and other features offered through the Website. We may also share your name, contact information and credit card information with our processors who process credit card payments;
YOUR CHOICES TO LIMIT USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you do not agree with this Policy, please discontinue use of the Website. You also have the option of setting your browser to reject “cookies.” However, doing this will hinder performance and negatively impact your experience using the Website. If you do not want any information to be collected and used by Google Analytics, you can install an opt-out in your web browser (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/) and/or opt out from Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network by using Google’s Ads Settings (https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated).
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
You have the following rights in relation to our processing of your personal information. Please note that these rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
- to obtain access to, and copies of, the personal information that we hold about you;
- to require us to correct the personal information we hold about you if it is incorrect;
- to require us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances;
- to require us to restrict our data processing activities in certain circumstances;
- to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on you;
- to receive from us the personal information we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal information to another controllers of your personal information; and
- where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
OUR LIABILITY FOR ONWARD TRANSFERS
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use reasonable electronic, personnel and physical measures to protect it from loss, theft, alteration or misuse. However, please be advised that even the best security measures cannot fully eliminate all risks. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We are not responsible for third-party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
We are dedicated to protect all information on the Website as is necessary. However, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information by keeping your password confidential. You should change your password immediately if you believe someone has gained unauthorized access to it or your account. If you lose control of your account, you should notify us immediately.
CONTACTING US ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
Attn: Privacy Officer
6868A Cortona Drive
Santa Barbara, CA 93117
Phone: (805) 560-9888
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA") protects the online privacy of children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from anyone under the age of 13, unless or except as permitted by law. Any person who provides personal information through the Website represents to us that he or she is 13 years of age or older. If we learn that personal information has been collected from a user under 13 years of age on or through the Website, then we will take the appropriate steps to cause this information to be deleted. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a member of the Website or has otherwise transferred personal information to the Website, please contact Company using our contact information below to have that child's account terminated and information deleted.
DATA INTEGRITY AND PURPOSE LIMITATION
The personal information that we collect is limited to the specific information that is relevant for the purposes of processing consistent with the request or consent you provide and for which we are collecting. We will not process any personal information in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by you. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
Your personal information will generally be retained in a form identifying you or making you identifiable only for as long as it is required for the processing consistent with the request or consent you provide. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may process your personal information for longer periods for the time and to the extent such processing reasonably serves the purposes of archiving in the public interest, journalism, literature and art, scientific or historical research, and statistical analysis.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of the personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to our privacy officer as listed below.
VISITING FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES